Terms Privacy
Davmor Garage was established in 1948, named after its founders Bert DAVies and David Pryce MORgan. As the war had not long finished building materials were scarce. The garage was built using rafters from a closed down coal mine in Pen-y-groes, near Llanelli, and bricks from various building sites. Davmor Garage began trading with a small workshop, petrol station and taxi service.

Not long after the business started Bert and Dai Pryce had a major disagreement on an issue. It was decided that as they couldn't reach an agreement they would dissolve the partnership and the sole trader would be decided on literally the toss of a coin! David Pryce won the toss and chose to remain DAVMOR GARAGE, as the name was still relevant to his own David Pryce Morgan.

Dai Pryce employed a mechanic and continued running the garage and taxi service with his wife "Nurse" Morgan. In 1958 their nephew Gwynfor Davies, aged 15, came to live with them, as his father was very ill at home in Pen-y-groes, Llanelli. Gwyn began to help his uncle in the garage Davmor Garage then started a contract to run the school taxi that brought the school children from the surrounding countryside to the village. In 1976 Dai Pryce and "Nurse" retired, though Dai Pryce continued to drive on the school taxi run. Gwyn and his wife Jen, took over the family business. By now the amount of schoolchildren needing a taxi had increased and so, that 2 cars and drivers were not needed, Davmor bought a mini-bus. As the bus was not in use at the weekends Davmor Garage started to hire the bus to various football teams. As the demand for the mini-bus widened and increased, so they decided to buy another bus. The hire side of the business was so much in demand that Davmor Garage expanded its hire fleet to include vans and cars too.

In November 2012, a new chapter started in the history of Davmor Garage.  After 54 years at Davmor, Gwyn decided reluctantly that the time had come to retire.  Brothers Steve and Nigel Clark took over the garage from Gwyn.  Steve and Nigel are keen to build on the Davies family success at Davmor and are delighted that key members of Gwyn's team remain with us at the garage.  We pledge to continue offering a wide range of garage services for the local community and everyone travelling on the busy A487 main road through Talybont, developing the garage for the benefit of our customers.
The workshop has also expanded over the years. It is now a busy workshop, which has a MOT station, up to date electronic/diagnostic machines. and carries out repairs and services on all makes of cars.
 In 2018-Nigel has taken a step back into semi retirement- leaving the garage in the hands of Steve and Claire.